Friday, August 10, 2012

Middle Eastern Chicken with a Garlic Aioli

YUM! I love trying new flavors.



This recipe is called Shish Tawook, but I chose not to grill my chicken as kabobs because I struggle with skewers on the grill...so I guess it's just Tawook? I don't know. I just know it is delicious.

These flavors are SO good, and when paired with a garlic aioli for dipping, it’s absolutely perfect. This isn’t super spicy – just REALLY flavorful.

I highly recommend letting the chicken sit in the marinade overnight. You really want to let these flavors soak in!

Here’s what you need (from My Life as a Mrs)…

2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
¾ cup of fat free greek yogurt
¼ cup of olive oil
5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp of tomato paste
1 lemon, juiced (this is about 2 tbsp)
1 tsp of salt
½ tsp of all spice
¼ tsp of black pepper
  
For the garlic aioli (also from My Life as a Mrs)…

1/3 cup of reduced fat mayo
1/3 cup of fat free greek yogurt
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp of lemon juice
½ tsp of salt
¼ tsp of black pepper

For the aioli, mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate for at least a few hours so the flavors can blend.

Here’s what you do with the chicken…

1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Pour over the chicken in a ziplock bag so the chicken is completely covered and refrigerate for several hours, but preferably overnight. I had some marinade leftover, so I saved it and we ended up eating this recipe the very next day!



2. When you're ready to eat, grill the chicken on high heat for about 6 1/2 minutes per side. Remove and let rest for a few minutes.
3. Enjoy with the garlic aioli for dipping!

We ate this with a REALLY good Mediterranean flavored cous cous (Near East is my favorite brand - 8 grams of protein per serving!):


It paired REALLY well with the chicken. 

I hope you all love this as much as we did! Happy Friday :)

P.S. Ice cream recipe coming soon...

0 comments:

Post a Comment