Monday, August 25, 2014

Random Thought Monday

1. This post has been a long time coming. I had SO MANY THOUGHTS after the bar exam, but it took me FOREVER to function like a normal person; I could barely put together a sentence, let alone a blog post. After the bar, I constantly felt guilty during the day (I'M SUPPOSED TO BE STUDYING!!!), and I would often freak out and think, "OMG I FAILED!!!!" And then start crying. This phase has passed (fortunately for Justin).


2. J.D., who is the best friend ever and babysat the animals while we took the bar, made the sign above. Not to sound like Gwyneth Paltrow, but it really felt like I had survived something that could have easily taken me out.


3. One of the bizarre side effects of studying for the bar exam were the food cravings. We were in Wal-Mart one day and I HAD TO HAVE a jar of pickles. I ate them like candy while we were studying. Justin, who claimed to hate pickles, slowly started eating them as well. Needless to say, Justin has decided he likes pickles and we have quite the variety living in our fridge at the moment. 

4. On a related note, if you like spicy foods and have not tried Wickles, you MUST get a jar. They are delicious.

5. We need to discuss sprinkles. I LOVE sprinkles - BUT - only a particular kind of sprinkle. You know the soft kind that you SOMETIMES find at ice cream/froyo stores? THOSE are the best. My dad calls them "jimmies," and it's what I call them, but apparently this is not a standard term for sprinkles (asking someone in a grocery store for "jimmies" gets you some really weird looks, fyi). Anyway, sprinkle impostors, the really hard crunchy ones that make your teeth feel like they are going to fall out? Yeah, those suck, but they were the only kind of sprinkle I could find…until recently. We were in our local Wal-Mart and I looked over…and saw jimmies. I have been forcing Justin to buy ice cream JUST so I can put a small portion in a tiny bowl and put my jimmies on top. Yes, I am 7 years old and a (hopefully) soon to be attorney. 


6. Trader Joe's is my best friend for life. I ate this goat cheese in 2 days. Nope, that's a lie. It was closer to 36 hours. SO. GOOD. I'm not even embarrassed.


7. Speaking of Trader Joe's, I have to share the most amazing story to go along with the picture above. You all know my grandmother, Mimi. Well, shortly after the bar, Mimi got her own apartment in our building and moved to D.C. It's a long story, but she's had a rough few months. We took her on her first Trader Joe's adventure a few weeks ago and she LOVED it; they had so many products she liked and everyone was so friendly (which is typical). Anyway, as we were checking out, Justin told a cashier (who had met us before Mimi moved up) that it was Mimi's first TJ's experience and she had just moved to D.C. As we were leaving, he brought her this gorgeous bunch of sunflowers to welcome her to the Trader Joe's family and to the District. It was SO incredibly kind. Gestures like that make all the difference in the world. 

8. One of the benefits of D.C. is that when I run, I get to run from my apartment past the Capitol, down the National Mall to the Monument, and then back home. This is entertaining for a lot of reasons, but one of the main ones is people watching. I saw a man dressed in an orange safety vest without pants with a dog standing on the Capitol steps shouting at people the other day. Life is so good. 

9. I've been convinced I will meet a celebrity in D.C. and we will become BFFs, but this has not happened yet. Justin says it's because I don't go where celebrities go. This should not be as surprising to me as it is because the primary place I have gone (aside from GW Law for bar prep!) is a cupcake place I'm obsessed with in Georgetown. Oh, and museums. I really should get out more.


10. Perry is so broken for so many reasons. He has recently become obsessed with our shower. He insists on opening the door, going inside, laying down, and rubbing his face on the door. This photo was taken right after I GOT OUT OF THE SHOWER. That's right, it's completely wet.

11. On a related note, there are cat paw prints all over my bathroom floor all. the. time. How do you teach a cat, who should know by instinct, not to go into a wet shower?!

1 comment:

  1. Yea, you are making words on the internet again! You don't heal from the bar months instantly, eh? Mimi is a bad A Grandma, she loves you guys and will keep life interesting! Glad you made it! Are you guys both schooling this fall, do I remember right?

    ReplyDelete