Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Italian Egg Scrambler

I know, I know. I should be posting something 4th of July related, but I did that for you last week with the bbq chicken. 


I love scrambled eggs. In college, there was an egg station in the morning, and by the time I graduated, the egg making man knew exactly what I ordered (eggs scrambled with green pepper, onion, tomato, bacon and cheddar).

It never occurred to me to post this on here because I make it so frequently, however, Justin observed this morning that some people might not know how fantastic italian flavors are in scrambled eggs.

Here's what you need (serves 2)...

4 eggs
1 tbsp milk (I used fat free)
1 tbsp of fresh chopped italian parsley
1 tsp of italian seasoning
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 a yellow onion, diced
1-2 tbsp of fresh parmesan cheese
Small pad of butter*

*You could also use olive oil to save calories, but I'm NOT a fan of what olive oil does to eggs - they taste mushy to me.

Here's what you do...

1. In a pan, melt the butter and sauté the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes (until soft).
2. In the meantime, scramble your eggs with the milk and italian seasoning.
3. Pour eggs over onion and garlic, and bring together. I like my eggs dry, so I cook it for awhile, but if you don't, cook them for as long as you want!
4. Right before serving, stir in the parsley and cheese.
5. Enjoy!


I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th! Stay safe :)

1 comment:

  1. Spending the 4th at the Beach with Les and the Pad. I can 't wait for tomorrow morning to try this great sounding recipe. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete