Friday, December 14, 2012

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles

I'M FREE!!!!!!!!!!! (I feel like I've said this before...)


This has been the most intense semester of law school, but I made it. Monday, I took a 4 hour exam. 4 HOURS! I came home in a complete daze...and started baking cookies. Apparently, when I finish exams my instinct is to bake. Last semester it was bread, this semester, cookies.

These are so delicious. I LOVE a soft cookie, so I'm all about these cookies. And the whole house smelled like Christmas. Win win.

Here's what you need (from My Life as a Mrs)...

1 stick of softened unsalted butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup (and a little extra) of unsweetened pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt

For the rolling sugar:

1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp all spice

Combine in a bowl and set aside.


Here's what you do...

1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. In a bowl, combine butter and sugar. Then, add pumpkin, vanilla and the egg mixing to combine.

3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Slowly add the dry mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix until well combined. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour (this makes the dough easier to handle when you're rolling it).

4. Once thoroughly chilled, roll the dough into small balls and roll them through the sugar/spice mixture. Place on your baking sheet. I ended up with 15 cookies.

5. Finally, dip the bottom of a cup into water and put it in the sugar/spice mixture. Press down on each cookie to flatter it a bit.

6. Bake for 15 minutes and quickly remove - you don't want a crispy cookie. Enjoy!!


These were just what I needed to forget about my last exam. Well, these and a large glass of wine. But wine at 1:30 p.m. is not usually the best plan.

Happy Holidays! I had plans to post a spaghetti squash recipe...but my spaghetti squash rotted. I promise I'll be posting more now that we have a break! Have a wonderful weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment