Thursday, March 13, 2014

Random Thought Thursday

Oooh. I like the way "Random Thought Thursday" sounds. Perhaps this will be my random thought day? We'll see.


1. Trader Joe's knows the way to my heart. Cheese > chocolate.

2. I had a minor meltdown at the doctor's office last week because I had to have a flu shot and I am complete baby about shots. I force the nurse to tell me stories (not kidding) and not show me the needle.  Side note to Mimi (my grandma): do not Google flu shots. I already got one, it's too late.

Justin's famous homemade latte
3. I gave up coffee for Lent during what is turning out to be the worst semester of law school. I very quickly regretted this decision, but I'm obviously sticking with this because I'm insanely stubborn.

4. I have the most fantastic friends in the world. I had a pick-me-up convo with a friend last week that made life all better, and I got a super positive e-mail from Beth a couple days ago (I'm still blogging for her! See it here!).


5. Speaking of amazing friends, one of my BFFs, Laura, solved my cork problem with the super thoughtful gift seen above. Girl is getting MARRIED in less than 3 weeks and she's sending ME gifts. Is there an award for most fantastic bride ever? Because she wins. I'm trying to find the perfect spot on the wall to hang it.

Want one? Find it at Target
. . . those are all my corks. 6 years worth of cork collecting. Some people collect useful things, but me? I collect corks. FYI, they smell.

7. I've been hunting for a formal gown for the last few weeks for no reason except I've convinced myself that there will be some last minute event that I need a formal dress for and . . . what if I don't own one?! Anyway, I was browsing some department store websites and some of these dresses have so many holes I think there is more skin than fabric. Am I just getting old or are these dresses really awful? There was even one that had a caption that said, "show a little side boob!" Can we all agree that NO ONE should show ANY side boob EVER? K, thanks.


8. Perry has a box and bag obsession, which I know is completely normal for a cat, but he got into that WET Trader Joe's cooler the other day…and just sat there. Why?! I think he's broken.

9. Justin made a deal with me this week that he will likely regret: When I get a real lawyer job, I get to buy these Tieks, which I have been lusting over for months. I had a lot of motivation before, but this is just icing on my cake. Anyone need a lawyer in D.C. or Baltimore? Here I am (almost)!

10. One of my favorite words that my friend Elizabeth introduced me to is Hangry (hang-gree). Hangry is when you are hungry and become angry. I get Hangry often and easily. I need to eat pretty frequently and I have no idea why. One of the worst things you can do when someone appears Hangry (JUSTIN): Ask in a soft tone, "hey…do you think you need to eat something?" NO I DO NOT. GO AWAY AND BRING ME BACK SOME ALMONDS.

11. Today marks the start of my very last Spring Break ever. I had a dream about a margarita last night. I'm clearly taking this well.

1 comment:

  1. Tears of laughter are running down my cheeks. I love you so much!! (Justin too.)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete