Friday, March 2, 2012

Mahi Mahi with a Pineapple Sauce

It's been a crazy week. Somehow, I found time to give my blog a makeover. Like it?? BIG thanks to J.D. for all his help :)

For some reason, this week made me miss home (Florida). So, I decided to make something that reminded me of home. 

I'm very boring. I usually grill my fish with some seasoning, end of story. I needed a change.

I found this recipe on The Novice Chef, which is one of my new favorite blogs. Her recipes are simple, easy and delicious. 

Here is what you need (from The Novice Chef)...

Mahi mahi (recipe makes enough sauce for 4 good size pieces)
Salt
Pepper
1 tbsp of butter
1 large shallot, sliced
2 tbsp of brown sugar
1/2 cup of crushed pineapple
1 and 1/2 tsp of low sodium soy sauce
juice of 1 lemon

Don't buy mahi unless it looks like this
Here is what you do...

1. In a pan large enough to put all your fish in, melt the butter over medium heat. Add your shallots and stir until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the brown sugar and stir until it is melted
3. Add pineapple, soy sauce and lemon and let it boil until most of the liquid has reduced, about 5 minutes. 


4. Pour your sauce into a food processor and blend until smooth, set aside.
5. Add a swirl of olive oil to your pan.
6. Season your mahi mahi with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Place in the pan and cook on medium high heat about 3 minutes on each side. 
8. Lowed the heat and add your sauce to your fish. Try to coat both sides and cook 1-2 minutes more on each side.
9. Place a plate covered with sauce and enjoy!


Recipes for the side dishes coming soon :)
I would suggest eating this over some cous cous or rice, which I did not do, but will do next time. 

Have a great weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment