Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Turkey Burgers

My burger craze is complete. I made 2 types of turkey burgers, and this recipe was my favorite. And I successfully used all the fancy buns :)


Turkey burgers are fantastic. They have so much flavor and are so much more healthy for you than regular burgers. If you have issues with turkey, this would also work with ground chicken.

Here's what you need (from Food Network)...

1 package of ground turkey (usually 1 and 1/3 lbs - I used 7% fat)
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
1 tsp dry thyme
1/2 a bell pepper, finely chopped (I used an orange one, but use what you want)
1 jalapeño pepper, chopped*
2 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of Tabasco sauce*
2 tsp of Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick
1 piece of reduced fat pepper jack cheese per burger
Whole wheat buns
Whatever toppings you want to use (I used lettuce, onion, and some salsa)

*If it has a star next to it, leave it out if you don't like spicy things.

Here's what you do...

1. Chop all your vegetables and put them in a large bowl with all other ingredients except toppings and cheese.


2. Divide into 4 equal patties and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, but longer is fine too.


3. Heat your grill or skillet with non-stick spray and grill/cook burgers for 6-7 minute on each side.


4. Right before they are done, top with cheese so it melts.
5. Remove from the grill, add toppings to toasted buns and enjoy!


These are absolutely delicious, and you don't have to feel guilty about them. Hope you love them as much as I did!

0 comments:

Post a Comment