Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Easy Shrimp Pasta

So, I know I usually just talk about food, but I have a question. Does anyone else not like the word fiancé? I have been saying it a lot lately (as I attempt to plan a wedding - HELP!) and I always feel like I sound…pretentious. Is that just me? 




ANYWAY, let’s talk about shrimp. Shrimp are so awesome. They are super tasty, super low in calories, and one of my favorite types of seafood.

This dish is PERFECT for the summer. It’s light and super easy. If you don’t like spice, leave out the red pepper flakes!

Here’s what you need (from How Sweet It Is)…

1 lb of raw peeled and deveined shrimp*
1/3 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of fresh shredded parmesan, plus more for topping
6-7 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp of brown sugar
2 tsp of reduced sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes*
Green onions
2 cups of pasta (I used whole wheat penne, but use whatever you like!)

*Pay the extra $3 to buy the peeled and deveined shrimp at the grocery store. Peeling your own is NOT fun.

*If you don't like spice, don't add red pepper flakes, but add a little extra parmesan.

Here's what you do...

1. Combine olive oil, parmesan, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Put shrimp in a large ziplock bag and pour the mixture on top. Allow to marinate for at least an hour, but you can leave them in there however long you like!
2. When you're ready, cook the pasta according the the directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, dump in the shrimp and the marinade. Try and get as much out of the bag as possible.


3. Cook the shrimp on medium high heat for about 3 minutes per side. You want them to turn pink - be careful not to overcook! They should look like this:


4. Serve over your pasta, top with some green onions, and enjoy!

A glass of white wine made this a perfect summer dish. Let me know your thoughts on the word fiancé...I would love to know I'm not crazy.


0 comments:

Post a Comment