Saturday, September 15, 2012

BLT Lettuce Wrap

Holy cow! Thank you all SO much for the support with the video. It was so fun to do, and that recipe is amazzzing. So is my super talented friend J.D.

Onto BLTs!




I was craving one the other day (I have no idea why), but I resisted my craving because BLT = lots of bread. I’m currently trying to avoid bread/pasta (SO DIFFICULT), so I attempted to find an alternative.

This was a pretty decent alternative! Not too much mayo, lots of bacon, and fresh tomatoes from our garden. It’s getting cooler, so I know they won’t be around for much longer. I’m enjoying them while I can!

Can we talk about bacon for a second? Why does bacon have such a bad rep? If you get the premium center cut bacon, there’s only 4 grams of fat in 3 slices, PLUS something like 8-9 grams of protein. Avoiding bacon is a very silly thing to do, in my opinion.

Here's what you need (from Skinny Taste):

2-3 large pieces of romaine lettuce
3-5 grape tomatoes, quartered
1-2 tsp of mayo
3 slices of bacon
fresh ground pepper

Here's what you do...

1. Bake your bacon. I always bake my bacon - 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Set aside.


2. Lay out 1 large lettuce leaf, and chop another leaf (you can skip this part if you think the lettuce wrap is enough lettuce. I like a lot of crunch, so I add additional lettuce.


3. In a small bowl, mix together mayo, tomatoes and black pepper to taste. This is my all time favorite mayo:


 4. Layer tomatoes, lettuce and bacon onto your lettuce leaf. Wrap up and enjoy!


This was really tasty, and I didn't have to feel guilty about eating 2!

Also, HUGE thank you to my amazing fiance for my new camera!! He got me this fantastic camera for our anniversary/my birthday, and this thing has a food setting. I need to learn the ins and outs, but, as I'm sure you can tell, my pictures are already looking better!!

Have a great weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment