Sunday, September 9, 2012

Veggie Pizza

You have no idea how good this tasted. You MUST make this.


I used my homemade pizza dough recipe and added some delicious veggies. This was truly one of the BEST pizzas I've ever made.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: if you don't own a pizza stone, go get one!!! You can actually find them for a fairly reasonable price (see here). Plus, making your own pizza saves on a ridiculous amount of calories. Definitely worth the effort.

Here's what you need (not including the dough recipe, which comes from How Sweet Eats):

Your homemade dough (or store bought)
6-7 spoonfuls of pizza sauce (I use Don Pepino's)
1 bag of 2% mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
1/2 small red onion
1/2 a large orange bell pepper
3-4 gloves of garlic, diced
1/2 a tomato, chopped into pieces
Oregano
Italian Seasoning
Fresh parsley for topping

Here's what you do...

1. After making your dough, spread sauce over dough. Then add mozzarella. Then evenly spread veggies over the pizza (including the garlic). Then top with parmesan, oregano and italian seasoning.

2. Bake at 380 degrees for 12 minutes on the bottom oven rack, then turn it 180 degrees and bake for another 8 minutes.

3. Remove, let cool, top with parsley, and enjoy!


I love when things turn out better than what you expected. This plus the GORGEOUS North Carolina weather made an excellent start to my week. I hope you have the same!

P.S. Sorry I've been MIA. I have some exciting things coming to the blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment