Saturday, November 2, 2013

Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup

Hello, winter comfort food.


Is it really November?! I realized this morning that 6 weeks from today we will be on a plane en route to JAMAICA for our delayed honeymoon. I. can't. wait.

In the meantime, it continues to get colder in North Carolina, and I find myself second guessing this decision to move farther NORTH next year. 

This soup is SO delicious and really easy. You dump everything into a crockpot and you're good to go. 

My only complaint: it was not spicy at all. I think next time I will add more of the red curry paste or maybe a few chilis.

Here's what you need (from Foodie Crush) . . .

1.5 lbs of chicken breast cut into cubes
2 12 oz. cans coconut milk (I used light)
2 cups low sodium chicken stock or broth
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp peanut butter (I used reduced fat)
2 tbsp red curry paste
1 tbsp lime juice
1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 cup of frozen peas, thawed
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced (I used my cheese grater)
1 cup of cooked brown rice

Here's what you do . . .

1. Dump everything EXCEPT peas and rice into your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.


2. 30 minutes before you are ready to eat, cook your rice and dump your peas into the slow cooker. 

3. Serve over rice in a bowl. Enjoy!


Like I said, crazy simple and perfect for a cold Fall night. 

Have a great weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment