Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Random Thought Tuesday

We're going to try something a little different today.


Real Life Tuesday? Random Thought Tuesday? Is there an synonym for Random that starts with a "T"? Whatever.

This blog has always been about the food, but lately I've been feeling like I need an outlet for my random thoughts. SO, every so often, I'll post them.

I promise promise this will still be about recipes. But I want to try something different, so . . . here we go.

1. Those berries above are ones I picked up at the Farmer's Market last summer. Considering how much I'm hating winter right now, they make me happy.

2. There's this massive winter storm (Pax? Since when did we start naming winter storms?) heading our way, and I've discovered that my years of hurricane prep skills transition extremely well into winter storm prep skills. Who was at the grocery store at 8 a.m. this morning? This girl. Actually, if we're being honest, I made Justin get up and go so I could work out. Same difference.

3. Speaking of the storm, I'm a complete mess about it because I have no idea whether or not I should read for class tomorrow, which means I will read because I'm completely paranoid. And then class will get cancelled and I will have to retain this knowledge for 5 days (ugh). Life is hard.

4. Last thing about snow. Is it weird that snow turns me into an old Italian grandmother? I ALWAYS end up making some complex pasta sauce (tonight, homemade meatballs and sauce) and baking.

5. Is anyone superstitious? I'm really not, but I am about certain things. I think this comes from years of growing up in the theatre (break a leg, can't say Macbeth inside the theatre, etc.), but I have random things I am superstitious about. Like wine corks. I have been accumulating wine corks since I worked at a wine company in 2009 and I CAN'T throw them away and we HAVE to save each one. This makes Justin crazy, but I'm convinced that if we throw them away something terrible will happen. I need help.


6. This is Piper. Piper is a spoiled princess. She only eats out of ONE bowl. It's this flat glass bowl that I think is supposed to be used as a salad bowl thing. She has been eating out of it for the last three years. This morning, it fell out of the fridge and broke into a million little pieces. It is entirely possible our dog will refuse to eat tonight.

7. Courtesy of my friend Nicole, I recently subscribed to a daily e-mail called The Skimm, which sends you an overview of the day's news. I'm obsessed with it, but mostly because it makes me feel like I know what's going on in the world. Well, that and watching my recorded Conan monologues. Team Coco anyone?

8. Can we talk about how awful it is to apply for a job? I always second guess the organization of my resume, and I find myself toning down my cover letter. It feels so strange to say things that are the equivalent of, "I'm awesome because . . ." Can someone just give me my perfect job? Thanks.

9. Finally, 14 signs you are a grammar nazi. I'm not the editor-in-chief of law review for nothing.

Everyone be safe! Especially those in Florida. Bragging about your nice weather will likely get you unfriended on Facebook by your northern-dwelling friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment