Thursday, April 17, 2014

Strawberry Margarita

We booked movers this week. A margarita was absolutely necessary


Life is completely chaotic and hectic right now. We are moving in a month (a freaking MONTH) to D.C. (OMG) and it's becoming a struggle to open a casebook for school, let alone read it (ew).

I came home from school the other day and wanted a margarita. We had 0 margarita ingredients except tequila, triple sec, and fresh strawberries.

I was desperate. I worked with what I had and it turned out GREAT.

Or maybe it didn't and I just wanted a margarita that badly. Try making one and let me know:

Here's what you need . . .

1 oz. = 1 shot glass

2-3 oz. of strawberry simple syrup (recipe below)
2 oz. of silver tequila
1 oz. of triple sec
1 oz. coconut water
ice


Here's what you do . . .

1. To make your simple syrup, combine 1/2 cup of sugar and a 1/2 cup of water in a pot. Melt the sugar, then take off the heat. Blend sugar water mix with strawberries.


2. Combine all your ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Add more simple syrup if you prefer a sweet cocktail. I don't love super sweet cocktails, so 2 oz. was perfect for me.

3. SHAKE IT! Pour. If you hate strawberry seeds, strain it with a mesh strainer. 

4. ENJOY! I think this would also be excellent garnished with a little fresh lime, but we didn't have them and I had no intention of leaving the house to buy them.


Easy! Delicious (I think)! Cinco de Mayo is soon, so you should start prepping now. 

PS: How cute are our Easter placemats? They were in our Easter basket from Justin's dad and stepmom and I LOVE them. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment