Saturday, February 9, 2013

Crockpot Italian Meatballs

I'm a big fan of things that take minimal effort, but still taste delicious. Hence, why my crockpot is probably one of my favorite kitchen appliances.


Anyone familiar with Lansing, Michigan? I found out this week that I have to go to a conference there in March, and while I'm really excited about the opportunity...what is actually IN Michigan? Let's be honest - I'm mostly asking you where I should eat because my days revolve around my meals.

Anyway, I made these for our Super Bowl party, and they were super popular and REALLY easy to make. I served them alone, but these would taste GREAT over pasta. Or on slider buns with some basil? Yum.

Here's what you need (adapted from Food.com)...

1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp italian seasoning
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
4-7 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 lbs lean ground beef
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/3 cup parmesan cheese (plus more for topping)
1 jar of marinara OR homemade sauce)
1/4-1/2 cup red wine*

*This all depends on how your prefer your sauce. If you like a thinner sauce, add more wine. If not, stick with less.

Here's what you do...

1. In a small bowl, mix together egg, salt, italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and garlic.

2. In a larger bowl, combine onion, beef, bread crumbs, and cheese. Add the egg/seasoning mixture and combine everything well with your hands.

3. Next, form small meatballs. I ended up with around 30.


4. In your crockpot, add wine and marinara. Stir well, then add meatballs.

5. Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Enjoy!


Seriously though, tell me what you know about Lansing (yes, I am aware it is the capitol city of Michigan, don't tell me that). I need to start planning my meals - I'm leaving in less than 6 weeks!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment